At Arra Vets, we believe seniors are special! Most dogs are considered senior citizens once they go over the age of 7. We highly recommend all senior pets sign up for our petcare plans so they can visit us as often as possible.
We recommend at minimum 6 monthly vet visits for senior pets so that we can pick up on illness quicker to put a treatment plan in place. This helps keep dogs healthy for as long as possible.
Senior health checks include:
- Head to tail full clinical examination
- Blood test
- Urine test
- Preventative care advice
- Personalised nutritional recommendations
- Supplement advice
- Treatment plan for next 6 months
Common conditions associated with aging include:
- Arthritis and mobility issues
- Heart disease
- Liver and kidney disease
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Cognitive dysfunction (dementia)